Tuesday 9 February 2010

Love is blind(folded)

Can't even remember how I found this and I've only looked at a few Valentino collections before but this is amazing. (Excuse the really crappy pictures but until somebody actually posts photographs taken from the show on the Internet I'm just gonna keep taking screen-shots from YouTube kay?)

The blindfold makes an appearance throughout the collection and even though it's quite a subtle detail, it seems totally necessary and it just wouldn't be the same without them.
This particular dress doesn't really give much of an insight to what the rest of the collection is like but it is my personal favourite. I also like that although the dress appears to be made from leather (or whatever other patent red materials are available), is tight fitting and has slightly broadened shoulders, it doesn't look like another attempt to bring back 80s tailoring but has in fact been almost romanticized with the waves of red in a way that Valentino pieces are renowned for. I guess. Also the fact they played Clair De Lune with what looks like some kind of animated tree in the back ground gives it a sort of Midsummer Nights Dream feel to it all.

2 comments: